Your Shopping Bag
STUNNING NEW RED ARROWS EDITION AVAILABLE NOW!
An updated edition of Jamie Hunter's popular book RED ARROWS, featuring exciting new never-before-seen photographs.... more
Red Arrows - pre-signed by author
The Royal Air Force Aerobatic Team in Action
290 x 258mm (landscape)
200 colour photographs
Hardback with dust jacket
We have a limited number of copies pre-signed by author/photographer Jamie Hunter. Available at no extra cost while stocks last.
This exciting updated book reveals the Red Arrows like never before.
• Aviation photographer and author Jamie Hunter has been allowed unprecedented access throughout the year to capture the action in dynamic photography – in the air, on the ground and behind the scenes.
• Includes interviews with Red 1, Sqn Ldr Ben Murphy, team leader for the 2010 and 2011 seasons, and his team of highly-skilled pilots.
• Find out what happens within the team, behind the scenes and in the air as the team put on their polished performance.
• Flt Lt Kirsty Moore, the first ever female Red Arrows pilot reveals what it’s like to be in the team.
• The planning, the support team, the aircraft, the training – it is all included in this fabulously illustrated book updated with informative new text and dynamic new photographs – exclusive to this book.
Aviation photographer and author Jamie Hunter has been allowed unprecedented access throughout the year to capture the action in dynamic photography - in the air, on the ground and behind the scenes. The pilots, the support team, the aircraft, the training - it is all included in this fabulously illustrated new book from Touchstone Books. Produced in association with the Red Arrows and officially endorsed by The Royal Air Force.
'Ladies and gentlemen, The Red Arrows!'
These words are heard around the UK at air displays and other significant events throughout the year. Everyone has heard of the Red Arrows, and most people have seen a spectacular display by the team. Representing the very public face of the Royal Air Force the Red Arrows serve to demonstrate the professionalism and excellence of the RAF and to promote recruitment. A Red Arrows display is always polished, always executed with precision, always breathtakingly exciting and always very, very impressive.
So what happens within the team, behind the scenes and in the air as the team put on their polished performance? Even before a display season ends, the team is preparing for the next season, through winter and into spring the close-knit team of flying and support staff operate to a gruelling schedule - flying up to four times each day. It's not just about the pilots, the Red Arrows team is a squadron of 100 dedicated people who strive to represent the best that the Royal Air Force has to offer.
Officially launched by author/photographer Jamie Hunter and Wing Commander Jas Hawker, Red 1, with the rest of the Team at the Biggin Hill International Air Fair June 2009.
I bought this beautiful book as a birthday gift for my husband who saw the Red Arrows at a display last year, and he was really thrilled. What a bonus to be able to obtain a copy signed by the author Jamie Hunter – whose aviation photography is absolutely amazing.
Review by: Debbi Saunders, Hertfordshire